Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cristina Rocks The First Weigh-In!

Posted by: Drew

Yesterday was the first weigh in for the Brown Team on Atlanta's Biggest Loser and Cristina had worked sooo hard the last two weeks. The Good Measure Meals are really good (some of them -- I get one meal/day plan, too and really like it) and Cristina supplements it with her own diet (on her two days off the GMM she's on an 80/20 raw diet).


She is working out so hard, too. Basically, they meet every day with their trainers (usually at 11 a.m. or so in their studios about 15-20 minutes from our house) for either a cardio or strength training session and have a boot camp session every Saturday. She's also doing a night session at our YMCA (shout out to McCleskey East Cobb Family YMCA who is really supporting of her!), so she's basically getting two good workouts in every day and I can attest that she is working out hard.

For those that don't know Cristina, she is a very positive person and believes very strongly in the power of positive thinking. So let me just say I have to pick my words carefully. Which, of course, I rarely do, so I've been on the wrong end of several rebukes for being too negative... Anyway, if you know Cristina you know she is very determined and plans on winning this whole thing and hitting her ideal weight goals.

So..... on to the weigh-in.

On our home scale, Cristina was showing big-time weight loss, even weighing in once at 170! So she was definitely expecting big numbers and was actually a little surprised when she got on the scale and saw
176 -- a total weight loss of 12 pounds!

The Brown Team's results:

CRISTINA
START: 188.0 lbs -- NOW: 176.0 lbs
12 pounds lost -- 6% lost

KELLY
START: 178.0 lbs -- NOW: 171.5 lbs
6.5 pounds lost -- 3% lost

NICOLE
START: 232.0 lbs -- NOW: 222.0 lbs
10 pounds lost -- 4% lost

PENNY
START: 263.0 lbs -- NOW: 254.5 lbs
8.5 pounds lost -- 3% lost

RASHIDA
START: 198.5 lbs -- NOW: 189 lbs
9.5 pounds lost -- 4% lost

SARA
START: 219.0 lbs -- NOW: 209.0 lbs
10 pounds lost -- 4% lost

So Cristina was the week's Big Loser!

You can vote for either Penny or Kelly on the
Atlanta's Biggest Loser Web site once a day/computer until Friday. Cristina's not gonna say who you should vote for, though. Cristina really likes both women and wants them both to do so well. But I know who I'm voting for, and to me, it comes down to who I think is most deserving. You can vote how you want!

Anyway, Cristina loves checking the comments and feeling everyone's support, so even if you don't know her, drop her a line! And especially she wants to know everyone's success stories and make this a spot we can all support each other.

_______________
And on a sidenote, I haven't had a Mountain Dew in three days, which, for anyone who knows me, knows this is quite remarkable. I started at about 180-184 (depending on which scale), today weighed in today at 171. My goal is 150-155 by the Finale (which Cristina will be on, obviously.) I can keep you posted if you're interested.

Again, here is Cristina's personal page on the Atlanta's Biggest Loser site: http://atlanta.momslikeme.com/members/groupabout.aspx?g=767806


This is a picture (right) taken at yesterday's weigh-in, two weeks after her first weigh-in (left).


And here is video from today's show, including the weigh-in and chat with the Bottom Two:

7 comments:

dianep said...

You are amazing, Cristina! And you've given me inspiration to keep up with my Weight Watchers -- it's a slow process but I just now ate a plateful of sauteed zucchini, mushrooms & asparagas (resisting that hamburger and fries that were calling my name)! Yummmmm! Great to hear of your progress, too, Drew! Go team go!!

aubreyp said...

Congratulations! That seriously is awesome. That's almost one pound per day. Wow! I'm totally impressed. Great job, and keep up the hard work!

Sara said...

WOW, 12 pounds!!
That's awesome Cristina!

I'm surprised they don't use a digital scale to get the weights more exact?

Haley Hale said...

Way to go Cristina! I am so excited for you! I actually just weighed in at Weight Watchers this morning and I am back down to my own goal weight. I still would like to lose 10 more pounds, though. I am curious about your 80/20 raw diet-is the 80% the raw part? How do you like that?

Clair said...

I'm so excited for you! What a great way to start off and get the motivational ball rolling! we're rooting for you!

Elizabeth said...

Cristina - this is so exciting!! I'm having fun following your progress. 12 lbs is UNBELIEVALBE. Nice work.

smacula said...

WOW--that is amazing!!!I need to lose about as much as you do so you are a definite inspiration to me!!! Keep it up!!!